OnceAgain

OnceAgain
I was just thinkin' and then I started typin'

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Weekend 2008

It started out innocently enough. Just a few days camping and boating with with friends. And I was so looking forward to this. Lots of fun in the sun. With the proper sun factor for me, of course.
I knew Hubby wouldn't get out on the boat again. He's not the water type, but with football starting and a lake house to ensconce himself in, he'd be fine without us.
All was to be well.
We got to the Campground. They call themselves a "resort." Sssuuurrreee.
Our site was 25 feet back through mud and grass to the electric and water hook ups. And the water connect was in the ground buried in the dirt. Not to mention, we had to manvuer around a sign and 2 huge 13 foot plus tree trunks lying on their sides to get to the "push back," point. And then go up a strip of loose gravel that placed the RV off kilter.
Fun.
Tommy took 30 minutes backing into his site because of a tree stump, home made porch, and the "audience." I had to warn Bobby Jimmy to move his golf cart 4 times to move out of the way. 3 times I was polite. The 4th time I smiled through bared teeth and told him he'd much rather talk to me than to Tommy.
He left. We missed him so.
Don't get me wrong. Country Folk are the best in the World. Usually. But these people were something else. Idiots. I've never met anyone like them. It was like they went out of their way to make us unwelcome.
As a matter of fact, I think that was exactly their intent. Most were obviously homesteading. And this in a RV Camp site.
There were 3 areas in this Park, and it was very full. The one we were in, we discovered after we investigated, wasn't the most pristine or nicest of the 3.
Nor were the sites, the ones we were told we would be given when our friends obtained them for us. Hmmmm.
And then we bebop in there and try to invade and set up. So they got in the way; had their dogs running loose and in their way; and then parked their boat trailers and vehicles in the way.
Welcome to South Sauty.
Then to add insult to injury, just as we get there, we get a good old fashioned gully washer. It stormed like Hell. We had a muddy mess.
Yep, dog poo - no one leashes or picks up after the little - or big - curs; and mud.
You have to laugh at all this and we did.
So I smiled and said hello and was as nice as I could be to all. Killed them with kindness. Probably made them a nervous wreck, but not my fault. I figured if I was the polite and sweet sort, they'd be too suspicious to do anything 'cause they'd figure I was up to something and keep and eye out for me.
Seemed to have worked. They were; reluctantly; nice back. Not sweet, but they spoke and then sorta scooted away.
It kept me amused at any rate.
And the time on the boat, floating in the Lake; grilling at the lake house and chilling with friends? Heaven!
So see? It was all in all a good weekend. And we learned not to camp THERE again. So all was not lost. And I got to fish and play with Wendy's pups. They are adorable.
And one of my football teams won. The other? Who the Hell scheduled Hawaii against Florida? After we lost June and Colt Brennon?! Are they freakin' crazy? I hope they got a ton of money for the Athletic Department.
If not that yahoo is guilty of stupidity. Or a really bad weekend for some good kids.
Guilt. We're back to that. Or maybe not. My innocent weekend? It turned out OK. If I'm guilty of anything? Too much fun and sun on the boat, fun and good food with friends, and enjoyment of good weather and pretty scenery after that storm.
Maybe we just had to ride out the storm, clear the air and ignore the ignorant.
And if that was the case. Then we were guilty as charged.
OnceAgain

No comments: