OnceAgain

OnceAgain
I was just thinkin' and then I started typin'

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Working Again

I haven't been able to Post for a while. I've been working at long last! Yes! It's finally come to pass. A job has been located; I got my background straightened out from the identity theft issue, and it's been hi-ho-hi-ho and off to work I went. Oh, happy day.
I guess, I must be unusual in that aspect. I truly enjoy my work. I know there are sick folk involved, but there you are. Maybe I'm a little sick myself. I just enjoy taking care of them. And I enjoy the challenges of the IV's, etc.
So I bounced into my 1st patients room, that grumpiest of men, fussed with him and teased him like I always do and we were fine. The next day when he transferred to Re-Hab, he even waved good-bye said he'd miss us! 180 from previous days. He'd just needed someone that wasn't afraid to go toe to toe with him and grin about it.
The other RN's were staring. Yep, they've got a nut case on board. Poor babies, light a candle for them. They'll need all the help they can muster up. I've new territory to conquer and I'll take no prisoners as I blithely bounce my way through the days and/or nights going my merry way.
And yes, I know there'll be shifts from hell. That goes with every job. But we'll muster our way through those and still make it. What other choice have we? Our patients depend on us. I for one intend to render the best care I can give them. I am a Nurse, a good one, not the best nor the greatest, but I hope a damn fine one. And no one better mess up or with my little folks. They are flat out gonna be taken care of in spite of the doctors.
You were suppose to smile at that one.
Wish me luck as I go about my way. I'll be the one with the creaky right knee, the aching lower back and the grin on her face. Oh, and I'll be teasing my co-workers and trying to coax a smile from my patient, when I can, if it's appropriate. If it isn't, I'll be the one with an arm around their shoulders giving support and providing the support in their storms and the shoulder they need.
That's me, not the best, but the one that cares and tries. The one that loves her job and wants the best for them all.
I've got a JOB! Just let me work and I promise you; you'll get my best.
OnceAgain

No comments: