OnceAgain

OnceAgain
I was just thinkin' and then I started typin'

Saturday, December 13, 2008

"Face" Frying - A Week Out Plus Some

It's been a week and a day since the "Face" fry.
I can already see some significant changes. The AKs that were lurking are gone. Yep, burnt up, vaporized, zapped, and sent to wherever they go when sent to AK hell. As a bonus, a lot of little lines are much "littler" now. Yiiiippppeeee!!!! And I've gained controlled over my upper lip. The bottom lip is still doing it's own thing, but the upper lip is much more obedient. I'm no longer lisping quite as bad as I was when I talk. That of course came with a minus, I can eat better now. I actually was able to eat a biscuit this morning by tearing it into small pieces and feeding it to myself. Gonna have to watch that. Drat it. When I win, I still lose.
But here is the real click. I have blephrospasms - eye tics. Actually have to be injected with meds to keep them under control. And I had started to get another twitch/tic by the side of face. It comes and goes, usually 3 - 4 times a week. I haven't had it once since I've had the "fat grafts" injected in that area. My theory: the skin was lifted and/or disrupted enough to disturb those twitchy nerves. Well, at least for a while. After all, they found that migraine sufferers that had had face lifts, experienced decreased headaches both in intensity and numbers after their surgeries. I am so signing up for that study if I can ever find an opening. Or a study. Or some mad scientist that wants to try and do a face lift-migraine-Igor experiment thingiebobber.
In the meantime, I'm taking all this one day at a time. After all, that's about all I can do. Until this all heals, I'm definitely not "biting" off more than I can chew.
OnceAgain

No comments: