OnceAgain

OnceAgain
I was just thinkin' and then I started typin'

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Home Again

It's late; in my time zone anyway. It's quiet and very still in the house. It's a good time for musings and pondering. No one else is up and about; except the cat, Charley.
You can't count Charley. He marches to his own beat as they say. And that drummer can't keep the sticks straight; trust me.
We returned from our travels and cleaned and tucked away the RV and equipment on Saturday. The washing is done. Today was a day to catch up on bills and just veg. We didn't go anywhere or really do a thing. We had a little vacation from our vacation.
Isn't it amazing? Vacations used to be a time where folks got "away" from it all. Now you go; and you keep going. It's one thing after another it seems. Everyday you jump up and hit the floor with an agenda. Got a list of "must do's/have to's."
Half of the commercials advertise places geared just for that. Off you go and zip and slap and flip and flop about. They almost make you feel guilty if you aren't running, jumping, swimming or throwing yourself out of a damn plane or something.
My job and life are filled with enough jumping through hoops and stress and "thrills" thank you. I would love to just go someplace and hide for about a week and not do a flipping thing.
I promise you, I'd get my exercise. I'd walk and stroll; along the paths and trails for hours. Not rapid calories, but enough cardio to keep me going.
There's medical proof; destressing is as important to longevity as is spinning. Do the research. And so many of us just don't do it.
Maybe, it's time to start.
Our next trip is to a race in August. And I can assure you; Hubby will have an agenda laid out. Almost every moment will be filled if he has his way. He gets a little distress when I balk at following along with all his plans. Guess, he's going to be a little distressed again.
I've been good long enough. I feel an evil, evil mood coming on and that rebellious spirit I've been known to have is rearing it's little head. And I, by George, want to sit or walk or fart in peace the next time I've got some time off away from home without somebody having a freaking list of things to do all the time; everyday.
I'm drawing a line in the sand. I'm declaring war; so to speak. And by the time we pack out; the "enemy" will have had a warning shot fired across his bow. Sad. But, it will be a brief skirmish and then over; with a truce.
But for now; all is quiet on the home front. And the hour is late. I bid you good night and peace.
OnceAgain

No comments: