OnceAgain

OnceAgain
I was just thinkin' and then I started typin'

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Estate Business

It was a good thing I sent a missive to the Lawyer and Realtor last Friday. Guess what? We're closing the house; the old homestead this coming Monday. "They" thought I knew.
I know what that means. Each thought the other had mentioned it.
Uh; noooo.
Surprise. Good thing I decided I needed to do some poking around and see what was going on.
And do ya think I'd have set my Hospital schedule up the way I did if I thought I'd be South at this time of the month?
Nope. Nada. No way.
But; as usual. I'm coping and scheduling and making do.
And here we go, my friends. Off and running. Two more items off the list of things to do after a loved one dies.
We'll close up the storage unit also.
I got off my ass and e-mailed the LAGs and told them; time to pick up the stuff and let's get it over with.
LAG=lower Alabama group. Or as I like to refer to them when I'm in a mood; the jerks.
And I do so want to get as much of this as I can over with. I just want it DONE.
Give them their monies; give them what ever it is they need and go and not have to deal with ever again.
I'll be back in Enterprise; I have children there. History, too. But not the LAGs. I'm so done.
I wish them well. A long and happy life; if it's possible for such folks to find that. But I'm running as soon as I'm free and not looking back.
Well, except to make sure there isn't anything sharp in my back. That would surely have to be plucked out.
And I hope this is the start of the end of the business. And you can bet your sweet bippy; I'll flat be sending regular missives to the Lawyer from now on and until the final day.
After all; I want to close this chapter; not just the house.
OnceAgain

No comments: