OnceAgain

OnceAgain
I was just thinkin' and then I started typin'

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Camping in the Driveway?!

It's a good thing that Skip bought the Class A. Oh, I know I fussed about losing my Travel Trailer and went on and on about it. But, we couldn't get it up the driveway. And Terra - name for the new RV - fits OK.
And Skip has learned t0 back it in just fine since that little incident with the guttering on the garage.
But, back to the present, we are now living in the damn thing. And have been for a week and a half. We have been having the house redone.
It's all Skip's fault. HE'S the one that started it all. HE'S the one that had the old porch taken down and a new one built.
Then we got the idea that we'd get proper flooring put in the house and get rid of that old, OLD carpet. Especially upstairs - YE-UCK. And tile in the kitchen, bathrooms and laundry room.
Oh, and while we were at that, let's get the master bathroom upped a little. It's a disaster from the get go.
Aaaannnndddd the little half bath get it finished and tidied up, too.
It would have gone well. It would have.
But, the foreman pulled his back. And while he was having panic attacks in the MRI; his 2nd in command decided to get things "a go in."
And so he did.
So he tore into the house and off he went.
I came home from my 36 hr. work stretch and walked into a war zone. Skip was out of town and due in later that day. I was cringing. Hoo boy wait until he sees this.
Our 2 nights in the RV was gonna stretch out big time.
Flooring was started up and downstairs; furniture was jammed and moved everywhere; no toilets connected and the showers were unfauceted. Whoop-pit-ti-do! Life in the construction lane.
Nice kid; means well; no master plan.
And here we are. Last weekend was Memorial Day weekend. We drove our "home" over to a campsite south of Atlanta and stayed their Saturday and Sunday. We sorta got away. At least we had proper hookups. And we needed to decompress a little.
Just needed to not look at all the "stuff."
We came back to the "team" hard at it on Monday. I walked in looked around and walked out. I just didn't want to deal with it. I had to get an exam ready for my class and that was that for me.
Skip went down to the I & O (sports bar) to meet some friends and watch NASCAR. I typed and worked.
After the gang left the house; I went in and squeezed and scrawled and got my little printer and paper and printed out my exams. Worked the answer key out, too.
For today, I've got a uniform for tonight; briefcase ready for school, and getting ready for a nap so I can overnight and then teach in the morning.
I'm in Terra and there's rain on the roof to pitty pat me to sleep.
Now if the work crew will just get things cleared up; all will be well. I guess in the meantime; I'll just camp out here and wait.
OnceAgain

No comments: