OnceAgain

OnceAgain
I was just thinkin' and then I started typin'

Monday, February 23, 2009

Meanderings

It's been a long while since I've had a moment to sit and write a note.
My days and nights have been filled with other notes and letters.
Filling out paperwork for my late Uncle's estate; typing up papers for the classes at the little College where I'm teaching; writing a letter of resignation to one Hospital and filling out all the paperwork for the new one where I accepted a position.
I told Skipster, I had 4 jobs for about 18 hours at one point. He didn't laugh. Come to think of it; I didn't chuckle either.
I was too frickin' tired.
And all the while, I've been trying to have some sort of home life.
Uhhhh, yeah, right. Believe that one, will ya.
Not happenin'.
I generally am lunging from one place to the next, hoping I don't over shoot the runway and crash into the end fence and wreck what's left of this old bird.
That's me. Picture an old WWI bi wing spiralling out of control, then at the last minute, I usually pull the joy stick back, kick the rudders over, some how pull out of the dive and just pull her over the edge of the precipice.
Nose up and back into the blue. Head for the sun. Until the next clouds appear on the horizon.
This is going to ruin my dye jobs. They are just NOT going to last like they should. And that's gonna really kill my budget.
But, I have made some progress.
I have a little office set up in the upstairs, northwest bedroom. Quite professional, too. Now all I need is an electric kettle and I are set; as they say.
I do hate trotting up and down the stairs to get my tea and coffee. I have the TV and radio/CD player connected to surround sound so all I need is the caffeine. Man, I'm setting myself up, I'm telling you.
Of course, I hardly ever have the TV on when I'm working. Too distracting. But, some good music in the background..... It's lift off Huston. I can go for hours.
And I have the prerequisite exercise equipment. The gazelle. Love it. I like to go and go with no stopping. Well, except that I get sore. And tired. And I'm terribly out of shape.
I'd give my eye teeth if my body would stop when I did.
Jello. It's come to that at this stage of my life.
Ick.
If I could get 20, 000 or so dollars..... Oh, wait there's the pain factor. I think I'll just keep covered up. That's ever so much more comfortable. Yeah, that's the ticket. I'm game for that one.
So as you might have noticed; it's a rambling night. I've just jumped from one subject to the next. No rhyme or reason.
I warned you this could happen. Comes with the exhaustion factor. What can I say.
Enter at your own risk?
Maybe.
But it was nice to type and not care why, after a long wait.
OnceAgain

No comments: