OnceAgain

OnceAgain
I was just thinkin' and then I started typin'

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Francis

This was written by my Grandmother after the death of her first child.
I found it when I was clearing the home where she lived the last half of her life. The paper is so old and faded, the words are soon to be lost. And they are so poignant and sweetly written. They render the heart with their pain.
So, I share them as written. I hope they will be warmly received and treasured.

In loving memory of little Melba Francis Baker
Born June 24, 1917 Died May 16, 1917
I miss you darling baby at twilight,
When darking shadows fall,
I miss you my baby at evening,
When God bids us draw near him.
For my dreams of you, my baby,
come not with the glare of day.
They come with the twilight's soft glow.
And the setting sun's last ray.
I want you, my darling baby at twilight,
When the night flower wants the dew.
When the night clouds want the starlight.
Darling baby, Mother wants you.
And some day darling baby,
Just at twilight's soft hour
When tired of the world I'll be.
I'll leave the ideal and the real,
My darling baby, I'll go to you.

Lota Carr Baker
Born November 19, 1897 Died February 12, 1973 as the sun set surrounded by her husband of 58 years, her children and grandchildren.
OnceAgain

No comments: