OnceAgain

OnceAgain
I was just thinkin' and then I started typin'

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Details, Letters and Reports

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, Sep 30, 2009
Hello All,
  Just a quick note before I dash to the Campus to settle a book matter.
  I have received the check for the sale of the Warren property.  I will deposit that as well while I am out and about.
  We did well.  And I owe it all to Ricky; our Realtor.  He really went above and beyond for us.
  I did allow the buyer to take 1 month early occupancy so there is a rental check also.  I needed to stop the "bleed" as it were from the Estate monies as much as I could.  His moving into the property allowed me to stop having to keep the water and electric in the Estate name.  It wasn't that much, but every little bit helps.
  At this juncture, it is all outgo and no income.  So I've been keeping a tight, tight rein on everything.  And I've kept the check book balanced to the penny.
  Yes, I'm that type A.  I've been known to hunt down a dime in my own account and challenge it.  I'll leave it to your imagination how I've been with your account.
  I've also gotten all your replies on the Buick with the exception of Edmond and Betty.
  I need those by October 3, 2009.
  I'm sorry to place a mandate on this, but I've had to pay for insurance and upkeep.  That's a bleed on the Estate.
  If I've no reply by midnight then I will take this as a negative response as to your wishing to purchase her.  At that point, I'm placing her - as is - on Craig's List and that little flier that is local to Enterprise area and selling her.  I've got to get rid of her. ASAP.
  Betty knows the price.  The Buick is going.
  I plan to gather all the paperwork as per Mr. Marsh's instructions and place the data in the order he requested and do a run down to Enterprise in mid October and begin the dispersal of monies to all of you.
  This will meet the 6 month mandate by Alabama law and all other requirements.  I will be holding some monies back for taxes as I have to file 2009 for the Estate come January 2010.  Mr. Marsh will assist in that also.
  And the Estate did show income.
  Again, I will follow all to the strictest letter of the law.
  I realize most of you know I do this.  I just want to emphasize it in case anyone's forgotten.
  And please, don't call Mr. Marsh about when you are going to get your money.  I'm going to get all that is due; to you. I swear, by all I hold dear.  That was terribly unnecessary.  And embarrassing.
  I was mortified when he brought that up.  Grandmama would have been so upset.
  Closing of the Warren property went well, except for that mention, which I apologized for, but was long.  We had to wait for some of the paperwork.
  The gentleman buying the property is completely rehabbing the house and absolutely loves the place.  He has already gutted the kitchen and begun updates.  He plans to put a deck off the back door of what was Grandmama's bedroom.  That will be the master bedroom.  And the east wall that had the 1 window will be an entry to a master bathroom/closet.  He's also revamping the single bathroom.
  His favorite spot at the moment is the sun porch in the front.  He says he just loves to sit out there and read and relax.
  I gave him the file with the original survey and papers that I had found that could be salvaged.  I thought perhaps he would like to have the history of his new home.  He was very toughed.  He said he'd like to frame the original survey and hang it in the living room.
  He is a Major in the Army.  Flies Blackhawks.  Will probably have to do one more stint in Iraq.  But he plans on retiring in Enterprise.  He bought the house as a flip at 1st, but now that he's been in her; he says she's home.  He's going to spend the rest of his years there.
  His words were, "she's just the neatest little place.  I love her."
  He's made a workshop in the garage.  Does his own wood working.  Getting a divorce and has a young son that likes to run down the hall; through the kitchen, up the dining room; across the living room and start the circuit again.
  Sound familiar?
  We did alot of chatting while waiting for papers.  I like him.  And it made the signing over of a place I hold very dear somewhat easier.
  I didn't cry.  I was very professional and wore a nice pantsuit.  Heels, too.  I did you all proud.  Even used my good handwriting.
  So we've crossed another job off the list.  Dawn's light is showing.  And I shall wrap this up a swiftly as possible.
  Take care all,
  Aud
(Recap of one of the missives to the Relatives about the Estate)
(Told you I'd been writing)



--
Regards,
    Audrey Johnston

Audrey H. Johnston
Madison, AL 35756
256-653-3397

No comments: